Some info to help you to make the most of the five-day St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival.
• Runs October 16 – October 20
• Features 80 films from 16 countries including Canada, USA, New Zealand, UK, Belgium, Sweden Spain, Norway, Austrailia, The Netherlands, Philippines, Greece, Iran, South Africa, Latvia & France.
• Most screenings take place at Majestic Theatre, w/ special screenings at Holy Heart Theatre, Empire Theatres Studio 12 and The Rooms. Opening and closing gala screenings are at the Arts & Culture Centre. All workshops are at the Masonic Temple.
• Complete film descriptions can be found online. No internet? Call the festival office 754-3141 to get a schedule faxed or sent to you.
• A schedule for all festival films & workshops is on Page 9 of The Scope.
• Film Festival hotline: 754-3141
• Website: www.womensfilmfestival.com.
• Blogger Irene Duma, senior editor and blogger for bittertonic.com, will be the official blogger for the festival.
Majestic Theatre: $8/$10 – Available at Majestic Theatre box office, by calling 579-3023 or online at www.spiritofnewfoundland.com
Holy Heart Theatre: Free – No advance tickets.
Empire Theatres: $7/$8 – Tickets available one hour in advance of screening.
The Rooms: Free – No advance tickets.
Arts & Culture Centre: $12/$14 – Tickets available at Arts & Culture Centre box office, by calling 729-3900 or online at www.stjohns.arts&culturecentre.ca.
Workshops at Masonic: Range from free to $10 – Pre-registration isn’t required, but spots may be booked in advance. Call 754-3141
Festival passes: $50/$100. Call 754-3141 for info.